Flexslider

Reunited Again in My Dream


This is written for my younger brother, Favour Olatuja who died many years ago. A guy I so much love and I really can never forget. I dreamt of him this morning and we laughed and smiled together. This is not is picture above though...I have is face in my heart. I love you brother... If we get to heaven, you are the first person I want to see... Rest in peace, my blood...
*******************************************

I've hidden my love beyond the reach of men
But you took it with a simple hug
I clasped it in my palm
You stole it with a shake
I clogged it between my teeth
You ate it with a kiss
I am the one who cried when you fall
I am the one who gets hurt when you cry
I placed my head on your chest when you sleep
Just to listen to the melodies of your heartbeats
But when you decide to go down the secret lane of death
You went alone

I thought my pains will heal with time
And that one day my tears will stop
But the people will love do not always die in our hearts
They only become the splendid stars in silent memories
Sometimes they crawl back into our lives
To flaunt the moments we once shared in our minds
Sometimes, we are reunited in our dreams

Since true friendship never dies
If the dead also dream
I know you too will dream of me
Like I just did of you

© Olatuja Oloyede

Olatuja Oloyede

Beyond the flawless facade is a boy on the path of self-discovery.

2 Comments: