Flexslider

I have Chosen to be a Man
(Dedicated to the guy who stole my power bank)



As the waves of music rustle my heart
I sail down the seas of wonders
Then he appeared in the twilight wind
And sits awhile with me.

Who he was and what he wants
I do not know
A smile was hanging on his jaw
All about the stranger was strange
And before I could say "Jack!"
He was gone
And so was my gun with him



Though he came as an angel
Yet he was a thief
Now vanished as a demon in the mist

Thunder rumbling in heart
Lightening flashing through my head
I burn with heat and anger
I dashed down the isle
Searched through the  valleys
And floated over the hills


Then I beheld him yonder
Scampering through the woods
With the looted goods
When I caught him I do not spare him
My mouths became the spring of insults
He was a faithful recipient of my slaps
As he begged me to spare his head
His words kindled the idle faggots of love within
And I let him be...

Walking back home was hell
I do not just felt sorry for him
I felt angry for getting angry
I shouldn't have slapped him
I could have smile and let him be
But I have chosen to always be a man...

Be inspired here
Heaven's Way

For my other poems
ClickOlatuja Oloyede's Poemst






Olatuja Oloyede

Beyond the flawless facade is a boy on the path of self-discovery.

No comments:

Leave a Reply